Thursday, February 28, 2008

i am materialistic and it's really fun!














okay, not to get all showy up in here, but two very beautiful objects have recently made their way into my life. the gorgeous blush colored bag was my birthday gift from robert, who showed impeccable taste in picking out girly stuff while still staying cool and understated. the morning of my 30th birthday i wasn't feeling well, so he made me breakfast in bed (with sooo much bacon!) and snuck my regular purse downstairs while i was hiding under the covers. when i finally shuffled downstairs, i found my foul old bag hanging next to this killer satchel and i pretty much body-slammed him in joy. we met my parents for a nice dinner at la belle vie, but i still wasn't 100% and barely made it through the dessert course. i still had a wonderful day, but i'm wondering...is it stupid to want to cradle my purse all the time?

the shoes on the right are a pair of wickedly beautiful indigo colored heels from stella mccartney that are going to be the shoes i get married in!! i know they don't seem particularly bridal, but that's the point! i'm not wearing white, why would i want to go conservative? (no offense to the kind gentleman who tried to fit me into a pair of pointy toe platinum pumps, but...) i love the shimmery raffia blossom over the toes...who could blame me if i trip going down the aisle because i'm still dazzled by my fantastically adorned feet? (just kidding, i know my eyes will be tearing up as i see rob at the end of the long walk through all of our loved ones.)

No comments: