Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Please stop when you should.

Today I was driving home with Robert behind a car that ran over a cat and didn't stop to deal with the aftermath. The woman driving the car clearly saw the animal streaking through the street, because i saw her tap her breaks. I can't be angry that she hit the cat, because it sort of came out of nowhere, but I think it's disgusting that she kept driving on. I watched that poor beast convulse and writhe on the pavement and die in a pool of it's own blood within 30 seconds of her speeding off in her posh sedan. Rob called Animal Control, and I couldn't help but sob against the steering wheel. I don't think the cat had a collar on, so who knows who the owners are or if they will ever find out what happened to their pet. It didn't look like a stray: it looked sleek and well fed. I hope that driver feels like shit for not stopping. I hope that if she has a pet at home, she takes better care of it than she did of the animal she killed.

No comments: